Dairy & Refined Sugar Free Lemon Sorbet
Made with just 3 ingredients and no ice-cream machine needed! This recipe is a brilliant healthier alternative to ice-cream and you could easily substitute other citrus fruit, too.
Lemons are an incredibly versatile fruit and their sweet yet sour taste is often popular with little ones- causing them to pull hilarious faces from the tart lemon taste.
Their hard zesty exterior, stringy pith and then their juicy interior makes them especially interesting for little hands to explore. Lemon can be used for a variety of purposes given its natural antibacterial properties from its high acidity. There is plenty of juicing, mixing and freezing fun to be had with this recipe!
Dairy and refined sugar free lemon sorbet is a simple and allergy friendly recipe that presents lemon in a pleasant way – much like ice-cream! Ideal for Summer and outdoor weekend fun.
Ingredients for Dairy & Refined Sugar Free Lemon Sorbet:
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice (this works out to 8-10 lemons)
- ½ cup honey (or slightly more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest
Method for Dairy & Refined Sugar Free Lemon Sorbet:
- Stir the water, honey and lemon zest in a saucepan over a low heat until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the lemon juice, mixing well
- Place this into mixture the fridge for 2-3 hours until cold
- Pour into a metal loaf pan and freeze it for a couple of hours.
- Every 15 minutes for the first hour and a half, scrape and mix the sorbet with a fork to break up any icicles and aerate. Freeze until you are happy with the consistency….